Having Meyer Air inspect, clean, and tune up your gas furnace system and repair any leaks yearly is very important in protecting your family from carbon monoxide poisoning. When your gas furnace, water heater, or boiler malfunctions, or the vent becomes blocked, carbon monoxide can be leaked into your home. Carbon Monoxide or CO poisoning can occur in any situation where a person is exposed to an incomplete burning of fossil fuel, and it can be fatal. Since CO is colorless and odorless, and kills in your sleep it’s very important to have a battery operated Carbon Monoxide detector in your home. You can find CO detectors at any of the big box stores and they run from $30 to $50. Some CO detectors simply plug into a wall outlet and have a battery backup in them, while others can be mounted to the ceiling. A small price to pay for your family’s safety this winter.