It sounds so simple and it is. Here are a couple suggestions
- When mowing, don’t blow the grass clipping toward the compressor unit. The clipping will stick to the fin and build up a layer
- Keep leaves and other debris from piling up around the base of the compressor.
- Keep landscape plants from touching or growing over the unit.
- Don’t let kids play with the unit, they seem to love throwing dirt balls at the condenser or dropping them into the compressor fan.
- Avoid using the water hose, you might just be turning the dirt into mud.