Is your family protected from carbon monoxide poisoning?
When your gas furnace, water heater, or boiler malfunctions, or the vent becomes blocked, carbon monoxide can be leaked into your home. CO2 poisoning can occur in any situation where a person is exposed to an incomplete burning of fossil fuel, and it can be fatal. Since CO2 is colorless and odorless, and kills in your sleep it’s very important to have a battery operated CO detector in your home. You can find CO2 detectors at any of the big box stores and they run from $30 to $50. Some CO2 detectors simply plug into a wall outlet and have a battery backup in them, while others can be mounted to the ceiling. A small price to pay for your family’s safety this winter.
Having Meyer Air inspect, clean, and tune up your gas furnace system and repair any leaks yearly is important and protects your family from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips
Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Make sure that outside of every sleeping area and on every floor is a carbon monoxide detector. The detectors will generate a loud beeping sound to alert you of carbon monoxide gas, especially while you’re asleep. If you are unsure of your local building code requirements on where to locate your carbon monoxide detectors, call Meyer Air today for a free consultation.
Is Carbon Monoxide poisoning really an issue?
Carbon monoxide poisoning produces flu-like symptoms, headache, sore throat, rapid heart beats, memory loss, thinking difficulties, and sensitivity to light, sound, smell, and more. Most cases of carbon monoxide poisoning probably could have been avoided with proper detection devices. Be aware of the sources of carbon monoxide in your home, such as heating systems, stoves, fireplaces, and water heaters.
At Meyer Heating and Air we can help ensure your home and loved ones are safe from carbon monoxide poisoning. Please give us a call to come inspect your gas furnace.