HVAC Maintenance Tips from the Experts at Meyer Heating & Air in St. Louis
With the upcoming summer season, it’s time to think about having your air conditioning system cleaned and looked at to avoid major problems and breakdowns during the increasing number of scorching-hot summer days.
The last thing that you want during the hottest days of the year is for your air conditioning to break down. Not only is it hot as all get out, but many HVAC repair techs are incredibly busy, so getting a repair person out to your home is troublesome and the cost for the repairs is at a premium.
By getting your system looked at before the busy summer season, you can help avoid some of these problems before they become major issues that keep you awake with the discomfort of the heat (and the thought of the repair bill).
Spring Checklist for HVAC Maintenance
The first item on your checklist should be choosing your HVAC professionals to perform your spring A/C maintenance. In the St. Louis metro area, we think the choice is simple!
At Meyer Heating & Air, we’re the company that people have relied on for over 30 years to maintain and repair the HVAC systems at their homes. We have a staff of licensed experts that will efficiently and economically check out your system so that it will be completely ready for the upcoming hot summer. Below are just a few of the things our HVAC repair technicians will check:
- To get your system ready for the season, our techs will perform all the necessary tasks to maintain your system properly, beginning with making sure nothing is obstructing the exterior system, and then starting up the system and inspecting it for any obvious problems.
- They’ll check and make sure that the blower motor is working at maximum efficiency, ensuring cooled air is delivered properly and evenly to all the rooms in your home. While checking the blower motor, the technician will also check the ductwork to make sure there are no problems that could cause your system to operate at less than maximum efficiency.
- We’ll also check and change any air filters that are dirty, which can cause your system to operate inefficiently.
- The next step will be to clean the evaporator and condenser coils. Dirty coils cause your system to operate below maximum efficiency, which decreases the system’s ability to cool your home properly and increases the cost for operation of the system due to it having to work harder to cool your home. Also, if your system has to work harder, the life of the system will be reduced.
- The next important step is to check the refrigerant level in your system. Making sure that the refrigerant level is at the proper level for your system will make your system operate more efficiently and help make your equipment last longer.
- The technician will check all the electrical connections in the HVAC system and tighten any that are loose to keep your system operating safely.
- The next step will be to lubricate all the moving parts in your system to keep friction down to a minimum.
- Another area we’ll check is the condenser drain to make sure it’s clear and not plugged up. This ensures the water condensation can properly drain and won’t cause damage related to it backing up.
- We’ll also clean your system’s evaporator coil, which can also help make the system operate properly. Our technician will also check the controls which operate the starting cycle of the equipment, again ensuring the system operates correctly.
After performing these steps, the technician will check that your thermostat works properly to assure your comfort and energy savings.
Final HVAC maintenance tips
The obvious goal of completing the spring checklist is to make sure that your system is operating efficiently to keep your home properly cooled, and that it isn’t wasting energy and driving up the operating costs of your system.
Of course, even with the most diligent HVAC maintenance schedule, eventually a system will need to be replaced. If you experience any breakdowns or problems with your system, we maintain a full staff of licensed and bonded professionals on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to fix any problems that you may encounter. We also specialize in the replacement and installation of new HVAC systems in a timely manner. At Meyer Heating & Air, we’re your full-service company for all your HVAC repair and maintenance needs in the St. Louis area. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment, or book a service appointment online.